Join now - be part of our community!

How on earth do you register a product

profile.country.en_GB.title
vivienne-
Visitor

How on earth do you register a product

I'm going blue in the face here. The system asks for the product code OR to select the type and select model but it rejects everything I enter. I've just wasted 30 minutes on this awful website going round and round in circles.

There is no help anywhere , no email contact.

Simply awful!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Fredrik.W
Visitor

Me too

profile.country.en_GB.title
RichieColeman
Visitor

About a week ago I registered a Sony e book, as I remember I had little trouble (which is unusual for me :smileysilly:) However I do remember you have to create yourself a Sony account first otherwise it wont let you, it costs nothing and then you end up with a list of all of your sony products with a graphical picture of each one on your front page, not sure if it is dif for TV`s will go and have a look for you.

Just looked and the only problem is if you have a product code that does not match one that is suggested it does not let you manually type it in as it thinks it knows better, pain. I just tried to register a lap top I bought for my son 6 months ago, its an f series and i typed the model no in correctly and it does not exist :smileyconfused:, is that what you are encountering?

Message was edited by: RichieColeman

kat_m6
New

Yes, I am having the same problem. The lap top has taken 2 evenings for me to update it all fully and when I finally went to the Sony website and opened an account I could not find my laptop model number which then meant that I could not enter any more details into the form! Very frustrating, especially as no assistance or help details were available to refer to.

The model of my Sony Vaio lap top is apparently SVF152C29M.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kat_m6,

You are quoting a chassis reference. To find the correct product name look under the battery, in the BIOS or in Vaio Control Center. 

You are not alone in finding this confusing - it happens on a regular basis.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat