Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI input from Android Tablet

profile.country.en_GB.title
sihicks53
Visitor

HDMI input from Android Tablet

I have a Bravia KDL37W5500 (Firmware updated) with 4 Hdmi inputs; my android Asus Transformer Tablet has a Hdmi output but when I connect it to the Tv I get a blank screen. The Hdmi output from the Transformer works with another (Matsui) Tv-what's stopping the Bravia from working with it?

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - strange as presuming its vanilla HDMI, then it should work fine. Have you raised a call with the Helpdesk on this as they can then flag it with engineering to see if it needs to be tested.

Presume you have it on the right HDMI input. Have you tried a different HDMI cable as well - and also try doing a factory reset on the TV to see if its a software gremlin somewhere thats causing it..

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

not sure what you are trying to achieve here with the HDMI, but the tablet along with your tv supports DNLA so why not connect it up that way?

profile.country.GB.title
jazuk1
Explorer

He might want on4 or itv player, or a way better interface for album art searching or using any of the millions android apps out there, or decoding any video without issues.

Sorry but I can see the major benefits of sticking a £100 android tablet or netbook on the front end side. Would be a cool remote.

There is a android remote where you can stream from the android via wifi so no need to connect directly for media playing. HDMI for all android other stuff.

Must admit using my windows netbook (got for £95 off ebay acer aspire one) and using play to on media player is a cool thing, the TV simply stops what it was doing (TV or PS3) and starts playing the media MP3 or video im asking it to play from the netbook. Only issue is that the video must me mpeg2 if not it wont play. digitv works this.

Might get a 10m HDMI cable and get it connected to my netbook as remote.

sihicks53
Visitor

jazuk1 wrote:

He might want on4 or itv player, or a way better interface for album art searching or using any of the millions android apps out there, or decoding any video without issues.

Yes, that's right. I wanted to connect the tablet to the Tv to show BBC iPlayer stuff in full screen.

I've raised the issue with the Help desk, but all they can suggest is to try another hdmi device.

Thanks for interest, anyway