Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update for USB recording?

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
turan23
Visitor

Firmware update for USB recording?

I found some information from Sony website about bringing USB recording to older Bravia models by firmware update. Is this something that is going to happen? I have KDL-40HX800 which is not very old model, still there haven't been firmware updates for a while.

I'd really like to see the USB recording possibility coming to this model also. Is there some other good ways to record tv-shows and movies from my TV or is a separate set top box with a hard drive an only decent option?

br,

turan

Message was edited by: turan23

Message was edited by: turan23

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Unfortunately its not a feature that can be ported to 2010 devices as the platform changed considerably at the start of the year when the 2011 devices were released.

Bear in mind this its not a comprehensive recording feature and you can only record what you are watching as far as I'm aware, so a PVR would offer far more flexibility when it comes to recording different channels.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Unfortunately its not a feature that can be ported to 2010 devices as the platform changed considerably at the start of the year when the 2011 devices were released.

Bear in mind this its not a comprehensive recording feature and you can only record what you are watching as far as I'm aware, so a PVR would offer far more flexibility when it comes to recording different channels.

Thanks