Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting KDL-40CX523 to internet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
farmerpug
Visitor

Connecting KDL-40CX523 to internet

I have just purchased this tv, i seen the price of the official sony dongle which seems a bit steep for a wifi dongle, but i did notice the LAN connector.
Can i use a wifi bridge on this TV (am i allowed to post links to an item i seen on the internet so they can be discussed?)

and if it is possible to use a wifi bridge do they work different to the official sony dongle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

20 questions this morning!!,

as already covered if you dont feel the need to pay out for a dongle the wired LAN will be fine if you dont mind the cables, i believe a wireless bridge will not work as the Sony dongle is user specific and is the only one that will work on the tv.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

20 questions this morning!!,

as already covered if you dont feel the need to pay out for a dongle the wired LAN will be fine if you dont mind the cables, i believe a wireless bridge will not work as the Sony dongle is user specific and is the only one that will work on the tv.

farmerpug
Visitor

From what i understand about this wireless bridge i was looking at and asking the seller, you program it on a windows computer to recieve the wifi signal from your house, and then remove the computer and plug it into a permanent power source, then it has an ethernet cable which it will give to any device which has an ethernet socket.

Is that socket on the back of the bravia not an ethernet cable?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

We have a video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-xnWGTWXE&list=PL3DC17A2EB20BA103&index=1

and a bunch of extra info in the FAQ at the top of the page which should answer all your questions on this.

cheers

farmerpug
Visitor

Fantastic video there thanks

the best and cheapest option seems to get them powerline adaptors.

Bravia55HX

cheapest way is the ethernet cable from your router to your tv!!

farmerpug
Visitor

I went to a high street shop (begins with A, ends OS) and got a netgear universal wifi adapter for £30, 5 mins on a windows pc to program it and it was set up, unplugged it and put it into the LAN connector of the tv, it worked instantly, great job very fast internet no interference.