Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync issue with Samsung BD-Theater

osasunista7
Explorer

Bravia Sync issue with Samsung BD-Theater

Hi guys and gals,

This one is driving me crazy. I got a new X85 (55in) and I have a Samsung HT-C6600 that I'm trying to control using Bravia Sync. When I first connected the two devices, my TV remote started controlling the home theater immediately, but for some reason once I used the old remote for the home theater, it seemed to disconnect entirely and I can't get it to reconnect at all.

The TV recognises it in the 'connected devices' list, but even when I pull up the Bravia Sync menu (Sync Menu button), it just doesn't respond. I've tried disabling then re-enabling the Anytime+ mode on the blu-ray player itself, but nothing seems to work.

Other than a factory reset of all the devices, any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following: 

• On the C6600 ensure that the settings for HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) are swiched on and correct
  • Turn both TV and C6600 off from the power point and disconnect the HDMI cable on the TV
  • Turn TV on and ensure that Bravia Sync settings are correct
  • Turn TV off again and plug the HDMI cable back into the TV
  • Turn TV on again and test.

Hopefully this works :slight_smile:

Cheers

osasunista7
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to get the sync menu in control of the home theater, to an extent, but the Sony controller still won't do things like pause, rewind etc.

Not sure what else to try, other than buying a Harmony remote.

osasunista7
Explorer

Additionally, when I try to hit 'pause' or change menu options, it says "feature not available".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can only think of that certain functions of Bravia Sync are just not compatible with Samsung BD Theatre im afraid.  Even though the more generic term is HDMI-CEC, is appears that many manufacturers implement it slightly differently.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may try to lower the level of integration to basic in the Bravia sync setting of your tv... In this way you will not be able to use any button of the TV remote on the attached device ( just switch on-off change the input automatically volume) but at least you should not get any error in the communication between the two devices...