Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer /5OD disappeared from apps

dougiethomson85
Explorer

BBC Iplayer /5OD disappeared from apps

Hi,

I have a 55 inch Bravia, an update came down for the tv this morning and all was fine, I even used iplayer after the update. When I turned my tv back later on today on half the apps were gone, iplayer included. I tried turning off and on, refreshed imternet content and did a factory restore to no avail

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

It seems its always one thing after another with this tv.....

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try rebooting your ISP's router, and then do a refresh content.

If that still fails, ensure that your IP address is located in the UK, by going to:

http://www.iplocation.net/

Cheers

dougiethomson85
Explorer

Hi there, IP is definately showing up as Uk and resetting router didnt make any differences I am afraid...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm...

Can you confirm that another internet application on the TV works, such as YouTube?

dougiethomson85
Explorer

Yeah but youtube only appears in the home menu bit but wont appear in the screen with all the apps. It works ok also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All this indicates a network/IP address issue - the problem is, you have done most of the normal resolutions. 

Theres only one other suggestion I can make at this stage im afraid - I have seen it suggested that contacting your ISP for them to reset your actually internet connection from their end.  Unfortunately its the weekend now....

Other than that, im out of suggestions im afraid.  Contact your ISP' anyhow and get them to reset your connection, and if that fails, your probably going to have to contact Sony Support.

Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:

kjohns7
Explorer

We have exactly the same problem. So far all the suggested fixes have made no difference. Our isp comes up as virginmedia in Reading, which is right. Like you you-tube only appears in one place and not on the apps screen and Netflix has disappeared completely.