Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X8 PC companion issue

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia X8 PC companion issue

whenever I connect my phone with laptop its keep restarting or get hanged..Some time Sony  Ericsson PC companion also does not work..Kindly help as I am unable to update my phone. when I try to update my phone it shows less memory...Kindly suggest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

10 REPLIES 10
Dr_Chris
Champion

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax8?cc=gb&lc=e... Then  download the update service from this link and use it to update the phone.

Not applicable

As soon I plug in the cable phone get restarted.....Also confirm which option should I opt while plugging in the usb cable in to phone..since it prompts three options..1. Connect phone with PC....2. Install PC Companion...3. Charge Phone... Update service does not detect my phone even after following the instruction...Kindly help

Dr_Chris
Champion

I'm assuming the phone is switched off when attempting to connect to the update service?

Not applicable

No. I use to switch on the phone after 30 sec.. Pls suggest if I do not need to switch on the phone?

Not applicable

I have tried by keeping the phone swithched offf as well....It shows just connecting your phone for more than 10 to 15 minutes and does not move ahead. kindly suggest and help. thanks...

Dr_Chris
Champion

And do you press down on the C button while connecting the USB cable with the phone switched off?

Not applicable

Yes. I do..

Dr_Chris
Champion

Then try rebooting your PC while the phone is connected and switched off.Otherwise, try a different USB port.

Not applicable

Thanks Dear. I have updated my phone succussfully. Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Shashi