Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia ion hard bricked

oyhens
Visitor

Xperia ion hard bricked

Hi,

I need help with my xperia ion lt28h..

After installing a .zip (Smooth ion) through CWM Recovery, my phone restarted n booted up normally to the lock screen. After i unlocked the screen, it went blank so I pressed the power button and the normal power off button (and some others) appears, so i power off the phone and it went to a boot loop.

I tried pressing the Volume up + power button and connecting it to flashtool by pressing the volume down button and inserting the usbto flash a new firmware but nothing appeared on flashtool Slightly_frowning_Face

I tried the Volume up + power button again and again and still nothing.. I then pressed Volume up + power button again but longer and received 2 or 3 vibrations (i can't remember) and now the phone is just Dead. No Screen,No LED light, nothing :'( 

I tried charging it for 2+ hours and tried connecting it to my pc to see if it does anything but apparently nothing happens.

Somebody please help me :'( This is my only phone and I have no other Slightly_frowning_Face

Xperia ion LT28h

Firmware: 6.0.F.0.72 (LT28i 's Firmware)

Bootloader: Unlocked

And Rooted with Busybox installed

I know this is not the exact place to ask for help, but i'm really desperate Slightly_frowning_Face

57 REPLIES 57
oyhens
Visitor

My phone is now back to life after an intense 5 days of waiting! xD

Solution: Hard Brick Solution and Rubber Band Trick! It really works!
I tied the rubber so tight that it almost snap and left it with the flashing dialogue on.. After 5 hours of waiting, It Finally Flashed!

Thank you to omaretman for telling the solution here ! Slightly_smiling_Face
Yasu
Visitor

Nabeel

I am following this post since yesterday, I have LT28H and it got bricked by me in same way how oyhens did. 

since yesterday its on wall charger 26hrs now, now the RED light is on, and i noticed that the phone just STARTED, SONY LGO came on, the light went BLU and everythingwent OFF, this happend 3 times and now the phone is on RED LIGHT again. 

what is this mean? Slightly_frowning_Face

have I destroyed my xperia ....

EDIT: it keeps trying rebooting again and again and sony logo appears, it vibrates, everthing goes blank and  then sony log appears again on screen

Yasu
Visitor

okay i went in to CWM and install the customer ROM after wiping / clearing data and dalven chache

it has install the package successfuly and i reboot the device.

its now FROZEN on SONY LOGO

what to do Slightly_frowning_Face

Yasu
Visitor

i am doing the rubber band trick Slightly_frowning_Face

lets hope it works Slightly_frowning_Face

Yasu
Visitor

the decive has gone in to RED LIGHT again,,,,

and flashtool shows that is not connected....

now i have put it back to wall charger...

plzhelp

dredn1
Visitor

Hi everyone.

My ion froze on a sony screen. Nothing worked so I did hard reset. Pressed power+volume up buttons. the phone vibrated three times. and never turned on. When i plug it to the charger red light is on but after sometime it turns off. I tried to connect the phone and use SUS but the phone is not responding to anything. no button combination works. i get red led on when i connect it to computer or a wall charger but after a while (less than an hour) the light is off. please i need help. to send to sony cervice center cost is 185$ please need help. thank you in advance

dredn1
Visitor

Today is the second day, i got my phone connected to the computer with a rubber band on volume down button. WWhen it is connected with a rubber band the red light is constantly on and I am hoping it will charge one day.  Without rubber band when i connect the phone to the computer or wall charger it will have solid red until it is plugged in, when you unplug it the light goes off. and after a while when it is connected the red light turns off. Please if anyone has experienced such thing let me know

chammacki
Visitor

hi Nabeel i have same problem oyhens i try to do a boot recovery for my xperia ion and it have a locked bootloader but he turn off and he wont turn on just the red led is on and i try to flash it but i cant put it into flash mode please help me i cant leave without it and thnks

dredn1
Visitor

chamaki it looks like noone is reading this post anymore, i don't think wnyone will help us

dredn1
Visitor

Is there anyone who can help me.

I did a lot of researches. About what to do with the phone. I have read something about the battery needs to be pulled out in order to stop the startup process. since the bootloader cycles, i decided to open up and pull my battery out. and completely drain it.. After successful installation everything back my phone is still in the same condition. when you charge or connect to computer the red light is on. after a whi;e the light is off. and the phone is not responding. is anyone may tell me the problem if it is hardware detail i will remove it it is just i dont know what may cause the system failur. please need help