Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Go: Headphone jack problem

Link-182
Visitor

Xperia Go: Headphone jack problem

Hi, so umm, recently my phone's headphone jack cover/lid became loose and now whenever I plug in my headphones to listen to music the sound comes from internal speakers. I have to press the jack as hard as I could just to listen to music with my headphones and whenever I try to put my phone in my pocket, the music pauses, I press the play button again but this time, the sound comes from the internal speakers. Is there anything to do in order to solve such problem? Please, don't tell me to contact Sony, because there isn't any Sony service centers where I live (Qatar)

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

repair your phone with either PCC or SUS, if that doesn't work then most likely its a hardware issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Link-182
Visitor

@uliwooly actually, I think it doesn't have anything to do with the Android software. I mean, whenever i turn my headphone jack either clockwise or counterclockwise, the music stops playing. I press the play button again but the sound comes from the speakers not from the headphones. It's been like this since the headphone lid/door became loose and won't close. I really I hope someone could help me. I don't wanna buy a new phone since I'm broke at the moment

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that's why I said if neither SUS or PCC work then it will show that its a hardware problem.

have you gotten your phone wet at all? check the flaps for a white rectangle if its pink or red then there's water damage.

Link-182
Visitor

Yeah, I can see a white rectangle. It's the one made of rubber/silicon right? I can see a very small hole. And no, I believe I never got it wet. It was in my pocket and I wasn't using it for about 5 hours straight

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

the water damage indicator its quite small

hawk236
Visitor

The same thing happens with me but when I connects headphone it doesn't recognize it and when I play music it's.internal speaker works, inorder to run my headphones I've yo connect my.headphones and than restart the mobile and after restart it plays music on my headphones only and for coming back to speakers I've to restart again by removing headphones, so please kindly help me what to do with it!!!
Thanks
Benny
Visitor

Something very similar happened to me as well lately... Basically, since that rubber band that seals the cover got lost somehow, not only I can't close the cover properly now, but everytime I want to listen to some music and the my headphones' jack gets pulled out just a tiny little bit, the music either stops or switches to internal speakers. And it drives me freakin' nuts because it really isn't that hard to get that jack plug moved out of place even a little bit. And yes, to get it back, I have to push it quite hard back.

TheDevil
Visitor

Guys, I had the same problem, so I took a torch, opened the headphone port's cap, the rubber band was stuck inside the port, so I pulled it out using a pin, and tadaa, it started working.