Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Arc S Auto restart problem

SOLVED
ashok_gos
Visitor

Xperia Arc S Auto restart problem

I am having a strange problem with my Xperia Arc S. It's keep auto-restarting all the time and does not start at all. It's showing the "Sony" Logo then the "Xperia" logo then blank screen and then after some waiting it's keep showing the "Sony" logo and "Xperia" Logo. I reported this to Xperia Care and I got advice to visit Sony mobile Service Center.

After I visited the service center, the technician agreed to repair the Phone provided I give them a formal declaration that during repair if anything goes wrong, then I would not hold them responsible for the damage as the components required to rectify possible damage is not available with Sony.

Please advice me what to do. Is there really any possibility for unrecoverable damage? Do
technicians in service centers can claim such declaration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexander1
Champion

I suggest that you first of all try to repair the phone software using PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, click start under Support Zone > start under Update phone > select Repair phone (in blue text) > Do all this without having the phone connected to the PC.

Then follow the instructions given to you in the program.

I suggest that you contact your local support for more information about the service center procedures. 

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
ashok_gos
Visitor

Looks like this Problem is very Common

Alexander1
Champion

I suggest that you first of all try to repair the phone software using PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, click start under Support Zone > start under Update phone > select Repair phone (in blue text) > Do all this without having the phone connected to the PC.

Then follow the instructions given to you in the program.

I suggest that you contact your local support for more information about the service center procedures. 

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

ashok_gos
Visitor

Thanks Alexander, you are really great. My problem has been solved.

However, I am curious about the Root Cause of the Problem. Looks like the problem is very common for this Model. Why this happenning ? due to any software related issue? In other words what can I do in the future to prevent events like this?

I believe you are an expert in this matter and have an opinion in this matter. It would be very interesting to know the root-cause of the problem and prevent the problem to happen in future.

blackfly72
Visitor

Problem is, I have repaired it by PC companion once, but it happened again! Crying_Face

Tags (1)
prateek11j
Visitor

i have a similar problem, my device wont start, i connected it to the pc but it wont show up in the pc companion., all i see is the sony logo followed by the xperia logo., what should i do? please help!

Tags (1)
moonnoor
Visitor

I have similar problem but in boluth still auto restart untill repair it by pc
pravee
Visitor

i have a similar problem, my device wont start, i connected it to the pc but it wont show up in the pc companion., all i see is the sony logo followed by the xperia logo., what should i do? please help!really sony eating me

bossivan
Visitor

is it 3rd party issue?
and what will i do when i goes to pc companion pls email me at removed by alexdon - no private info on the forum

Ikram
Visitor

Hi! I am having this same problem with my xperia Arc S LT18i. I followed the procedure you told by clicking on Repair phone (in blue text). I followed the instructions. Ive shared the snapshot of the screen where i get stuck. Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

Untitled.png