Join now - be part of our community!

X10 is locked - Google Pattern, Please Help!

SOLVED
Not applicable

X10 is locked - Google Pattern, Please Help!

A few months ago I installed the Google pattern security feature on my X10. It sometimes takes a number of attempts to enter the right pattern & unlock the device as the screen is either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

Today I tried 5 times & got the usual message of 'too many pattern attempts, wait 30 seconds & try again'. Instead of waiting, I hit the 'can't remember my pattern; button & have been regretting it ever since. This takes me to a google (gmail) screen which asks me for my email address & password. I have tried to enter this 20 times or more with no luck.I even signed in to my gmail account on my laptop to check my email address & password were correct, which they were.

I've called in to a Vodafone shop & called Voda Customer Service & neither of them can help.

If there is anyone out there that knows how to solve this, please help!!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Hello, there are two ways that this can be done.  The first works in some cases but not others but is so simple its worth a go.... type in 'null' as your password and it may accept that and let you into the phone.

The second way is to run a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service.  This will reset your phone to factory settings and wipe everything so you can start from scratch without the pattern lock.  You will have to run through all the set up again and reinstall any apps from the market.  It will remove all your contacts so I hope you have them saved either by one of the sync services or backed up on to your SD card.

If you look on the right hand side of the screen here, More Like This shows threads with similar queries.  You are far from being alone with this and it is one of the most common questions asked on here.  I personally don't have the pattern lock because its easy to get it wrong and a pain in the rear to put right.

Hope the above helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff
Enthusiast

You can unlock the phone using the Phone Repair utility in PC Companion.

To unlock the pattern screen lock without signing in with your Google account:

1. On the computer: Start PC Companion.

2. On the computer: In the Support Zone descriptor, in the Software Update section click Start Repair and follow the instructions on the screen (click here for screen shoots).

3. Turn off the phone.

4. Connect the USB cable to your computer.

5. On the phone: Press and hold down Back key  and connect the USB cable to the phone.

6. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note : The software in your phone will be replaced. All personal data stored  in your phone will be lost.

suze
Leader

Hello, there are two ways that this can be done.  The first works in some cases but not others but is so simple its worth a go.... type in 'null' as your password and it may accept that and let you into the phone.

The second way is to run a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service.  This will reset your phone to factory settings and wipe everything so you can start from scratch without the pattern lock.  You will have to run through all the set up again and reinstall any apps from the market.  It will remove all your contacts so I hope you have them saved either by one of the sync services or backed up on to your SD card.

If you look on the right hand side of the screen here, More Like This shows threads with similar queries.  You are far from being alone with this and it is one of the most common questions asked on here.  I personally don't have the pattern lock because its easy to get it wrong and a pain in the rear to put right.

Hope the above helps.

Not applicable

Thanks Suze, you are a miracle worker!! Null worked! Thanks so much. Slightly_smiling_Face

suze
Leader

Yay! Glad you are sorted and very lucky that you didn't have to go the reset route.  Still might not be a bad idea to sync or back up your contacts just in case it goes horribly wrong again at some point!