Join now - be part of our community!

Symbols on the Xperia X10

SOLVED
Not applicable

Symbols on the Xperia X10

What is the symbol showing above the signalstrenght symbol? It shows a R above it and i can't figure it out. What does that R mean? Please help Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sushidushi
Contributor

Yes, the R means roaming.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sushidushi
Contributor

It seems to mean that the phone is roaming. If you go to the user guide on the phone, the getting started section explains all the symbols.  Not sure what roaming means in this case, unless you are out of reach of your usual phone company's signal.  Is that possible?

Rocco1
Visitor

Hello. Does it mean that your signal strength might be Restricted by something. But haven't noticed it on my phone.

Not applicable

whereabouts in the world are you?

Roaming can be activated when you leave your wi-fi network if your telco has configured it that way or if you can use more thatn one network - it's presence kind of implies that you are not on your home network.

Mine switches to roaming when I get more than ten miles off the coast Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I'm in South Sweden, using a company named 3.  So do you think that the R symbol means Roaming? And when I use the so called help on the cellphone, it only connects me to Sony Ericsson's website...

I use 3G too, but it seems to eat up the battery, which by the way takes more than four hours to charge. I bought it 11 days ago...

sushidushi
Contributor

Is there not somehing called 'User Guide' on your phone?  That's where I looked on mine to find out what the R meant.  Might you be outside 3's area of coverage when you get the R?

Not applicable

There is a User guide too, but even then it goes to SE homepage Slightly_smiling_Face I know that we are between two masts, so we have fairly good coverage.

So the R means Roaming?

sushidushi
Contributor

Yes, the R means roaming.

Not applicable

Thank you Slightly_smiling_Face