Join now - be part of our community!

sony xperia LT26i keep rebooting

gyovel
Visitor

sony xperia LT26i keep rebooting

Hello

I have Sony xperia S device, LT26i, that bought 4 months ago.

I would like to consult on top the following situation.

this morning I tried to enable the phone wifi and I got automatic reboot.

the battery was 45%.

from that point the device does not complete the reboot.

I am getting on screen the "sony" then "xperia" and then

some color graphics waves and sometime I even see the desktop for 1 second

before it does another reboot and so on. the desktop is not shown all the time

and the phone always rebooting until I shut it down.

step taken:

1. I removed the cellular sim card from the phone without better impact.

2. I charge the battery for full 100%

3. I tried to press the start button + the volume for 5-10 seconds until getting the 3 pulses, the issue remain.

4. I tried also to tap on the menu during start and showing the "sony" on screen,  but the I am not getting any safe mode.

5. if I connect the device to PC it is not recognized so I can not operate it with the PC software.

I need assist in order to solve this, I do not mind to reset it to factory default and loose all the data inside but

I do not know how to operate this without the GUI screen.

Thanks for any assist on top this,

Guy Yovel

gyovel@gmail.com

8 REPLIES 8
Thommo
Genius

Download and install SUS or you can use PCC if using SUS found here emma.extranet.sonyericsson.com/update_service_setup once installed select your phone and choose to upgrade when asked making sure your phone is switched off ie:3 vibrations hold the volume down key and connect your USB cable this will enter your phone into Flashmode and start the repair.

PCC is simalar except open Support zone next choose Phone / Tablet software upgrade then in blue choose Repair my phone / table then as above wait untill asked and connect your phone by holding volume down then connect your USB lead this will also start the Upgrade/Repair

gyovel
Visitor

Thanks very much.

the Sony PC Companion did not work but I download the SUS and did the instruction and it work.

I did not have a backup so I lost the data but at least now the phone is starting and I can work with it.

Thanks very much for the assist, you helped me a lot here!

one question, since the issue was a constant reboot, I assume it is some kind of kernel panic.

isnt there should be way to get some kind of kernel debug or stack to see what is going on here?

anyway, thanks again

Guy

Sunny_in
Visitor

About the same problem i had today, i connected my phone to pc and kept pressing power & volume - key, this opened my phone in safe mode, where i resolved the problem and got my phone to normal mode by rebooting.

Next big question is why Sony phones cannot get connected to linux based Zorin OS.

rafikrefo
Visitor

i have the same problem and i don't know why !!!

please help...

Thanks.

aaronmuzira
Visitor

I tried everything , but my experia still reboots. i repaired using the sony companion, but it still fails.

what can i do

Kacperovsky01
Visitor

Xperiabcompanion does detect your phone when in bootloop, it may also be a rooting process made by previous owner if phone was used. 

Kacperovsky01
Visitor

Sorry, accidental post click., xperia companion does detect the phone when in bootloop, BUT doesnt show the model

Kacperovsky01
Visitor

Well, you"re done bud. 

Idk if thats the software or hardware

If you really want rhis phone working, go on and make a service point fix it.