Join now - be part of our community!

Simlock Sony Ericsson J108 Cedar

Aleksey_
Visitor

Simlock Sony Ericsson J108 Cedar

Hello!
About 4 years ago I bought in the online store phone Sony Ericsson J108 cedar. in the description it was stated SIMLOCK Movistar.
Can I get NCK code here?

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @Aleksey_,

To my knowledge Movistar is an operator, is that correct?

If that is the case you will need a code from them so you can unlock your phone so it can be used with a SIM card from another operator.

When you have received the code, follow the instructions below.

1. Switch on your phone without SIM Card.
2. Press 1 time the left arrow.
3. Press 2 times the button *.
4. Press 1 time the left arrow.
5. The message "Personalize with MNC2" will appear.
6. Enter the code that you got from your service provider (operator).

Best of luck and let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face

Aleksey_
Visitor

Thanks for the advice.
The problem is that I don't have the NCK code.

I'm trying to get in contact not only with the support of Sony, but even with the support of Movistar Guatemala. While no significant result.

They offer me to come to their store in Guatemala. From RUSSIA! 10.821 km, with a journey time of 14:25, price 500 usd - one way ticket. Good suggestion.

Jonas
Master

Thanks for the swift reply!

I'm afraid that I won't be able to provide you with the code you need since the code is provided to you by the service provider the phone is SIM locked to.

I have tried to find information on their homepage, but my Spanish isn't the greatest so I'm having a hard time finding an English phone number or email address.

Have you asked them about the code and how you can obtain it in the easiest way? This is just pure speculations from my side but they should be able to provide you with the code and you pay a set amount of money for it using some kind of online payment method.

I wish you the best of luck with obtaining the code that you need!