Join now - be part of our community!

Philips TV Miracast HDCP Problem

SOLVED
Marat89
Visitor

Philips TV Miracast HDCP Problem

Good evening,

we just bought a new Philips Smart TV 6158. I can not connect my Sony Xperia SP (Android Version 4.1.2) to my tv via Miracast.

Trying the option under Xperia-->Mirror Display the phone finds my tv but cant connect to the TV.

Following Error: "Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP."

After researching I got to know that the Philips TV does not support HDCP.

There is a option to disable the HDCP controlling on the Sony Xperia SP.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=52985

On this Bug thread you can see, that  there is indeed a option in the Dev. tools. 

http://s21.postimg.org/vls38k707/1363766111309.jpg

But I can not find this option on my Sony device.

The Philips Support says that the Wifi Miracast Standard does not require the use of HDCP and the phone must have a option to control HDCP requirement with Miracast. 

I appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben79
Visitor

I was struggling with that as well... Solution is quite simple. Go to walkman app. When it's on go to the options and choose "throw". Then tap screen mirroring and you should get your tv on the list. (screen mirroring or direct wifi has to be active on your TV) Choose it and you'll see your phone screen on your TV. Then you tap your home button and screen mirroring stays active and you can use any app you want and see it on the tv... Easy:)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ben79
Visitor

I was struggling with that as well... Solution is quite simple. Go to walkman app. When it's on go to the options and choose "throw". Then tap screen mirroring and you should get your tv on the list. (screen mirroring or direct wifi has to be active on your TV) Choose it and you'll see your phone screen on your TV. Then you tap your home button and screen mirroring stays active and you can use any app you want and see it on the tv... Easy:)
Marat89
Visitor

Hey thank you for your answer!

It is working. Wow thank you very much!!

Do you know maybe why you can`t turn on Wifi when you screen mirroring?

Happy New Year !;)

Ben79
Visitor

I think you can use only mobile data while you are mirroring your screen...
jSlo
Visitor

Thank you Ben79 for the explanation.  But i dont quite understend the step after chosing "throw" option.  Did you mean selecting screen mirroring in phone settings, or in some other menu, cause i cant find that option anywhere alse than in options. If i choose it there, when conected with throw, i got the HDCP problem again... 

Amarpranay
Visitor

I tried the solution suggested....did not work for me
Rashied
Visitor

so stupid answer, mirroring is lagging,

you cant play video or play a game or even listen to music, its good only for presentations