Join now - be part of our community!

No APN settings after switching service provider

SOLVED
RudyBritt
Visitor

No APN settings after switching service provider

I have Sony Xperia SL L26i. I recently changed sevice providers. With previous provider I could use Data. Since having a new provider, I have not been able to use data. I have checked my settings and all are correct except when I come to the APNs page it only shows a settings symbol and the letters APNs, the rst of the pagee is tottaly blank! There is no Plus sign or anything.

I have reinserted my previous Simm and it shows two APNs. Can anyone advise your help would be appreciated 

ric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @RudyBritt and welcome to the forum!

I created a new topic from your post.

On the Xperia SL you need to tap the menu key (number 8 on the image below) in order to get the option to add a new APN.

SL.PNG

However, in most cases you can automatically download the APN settings for your new service provider in Settings > More > Internet settings, or Settings > Xperia > Internet settings (depends on the Android version) so I'd recommend that you try this first. It may save you the work to enter the settings manually. Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christofer
Champion

Hi @RudyBritt and welcome to the forum!

I created a new topic from your post.

On the Xperia SL you need to tap the menu key (number 8 on the image below) in order to get the option to add a new APN.

SL.PNG

However, in most cases you can automatically download the APN settings for your new service provider in Settings > More > Internet settings, or Settings > Xperia > Internet settings (depends on the Android version) so I'd recommend that you try this first. It may save you the work to enter the settings manually. Slightly_smiling_Face

RudyBritt
Visitor

Thank you Christofer.

Your second suggestion fixed the problem. Had sent email to provider but no reply 5 days

Christofer
Champion

I'm glad to hear that, you're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face