Join now - be part of our community!

My T2 ultra dual internal storage shrinked to 3.44 GB....lost more than 1 gb after lollipop update

devyahoo
Visitor

My T2 ultra dual internal storage shrinked to 3.44 GB....lost more than 1 gb after lollipop update

i update my t2 ultra dual to lollipop 5.0.2

in kitkat internal storage was 4.68 GB

after update it is showing 3.44 GB

i have tried to factory reset my phone still memory is 3.44 GB

not happy

any solution or suggestion is welcome

11 REPLIES 11
devyahoo
Visitor

can anyone answer this from sony.....

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

This is a user based forum, you have to contact Sony directly if you want Sony to answer your questions 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

@devyahoo

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@devyahoo

You should know that Lollipop it's heavier than KitKat, but you can google around that info. 

devyahoo
Visitor

thanx for reply

i tried to ask the same question to sony, but their answers are really not useful

their first answer was:

Greetings from Sony Xperia support.

We value the importance of your concern.

In response to your query, we would like to inform you that i
f you update via PC Compainion it consumes 1.4 GB of data for update the software.If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800 (Working Timings-9:00am to 9:00pm: Mon-Sun) alternately, you can email us
For the latest news, information and product support please visit below mentioned links for additional support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.

Always looking to serve you better.

Kind Regards,

Soni
__________________________________________________________________________________________

after this answer i asked them to read my mail carefully, after that their second aswer was:

We value the importance of your concern.

As per your email, we would request you to kindly revert with the snapshot of the image so we can assist you in a better way.
If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800 (Working Timings-9:00am to 9:00pm: Mon-Sun) alternately, you can email us. For the latest news, information and product support please visit below mentioned links for additional support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.
Always looking to serve you better.

Kind Regards,

Shubham Katiyar
____________________________________________________________________________________

these people seem to be reall dumb. this is the reason i asked for the solution in this forum
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Perhaps @Rickard

could comment on this. 

s4alon
Visitor

Might be related to ART runtime.
It's said that ART compile the apps for easier to be executed by the machine directly. But resulting in bigger apps size. better speed but., a bit bigger size.
Maybe that's why sony reduce few features. And T2 ultra only got 8 GB internal.
Rickard
Master

Lollipop takes up more space so it's normal that you have less available storage after the update. As s4alon says, one of the reasons is that Lollipop uses ART instead of Dalvik.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Rickard

Thanks for the info Slightly_smiling_Face 

devyahoo
Visitor

hi

this time i have managed to get a proper reply from the sony Xperia support center. they sent me this email:

Dear Mr. Kumar,

We value the importance of your concern and regret for the inconvenience.

In response to your query, we would like to inform you that Android 5.0 (Lollipop) is the largest update ever in size. We would also like to inform you that Android 5.0 will introduce a new 64 bit software structure, which will affect the size of installed applications. It may decrease the internal memory after installing new Android 5.0 ( Lollipop) software.

If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800