Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

How to use Japanese language/keyboard?

GELÖST
Nicht anwendbar

How to use Japanese language/keyboard?

either I'm completely blind or it's too simple..

I've been using Japanese language quite frequently on previous Android phones (via third party input methods/keyboard apps)

but don't seem to get this working on the Arc even though Japanese language is definitely supported.

So what works is switching the phone completely to Japanese. But I don't get the option of choosing Japanese as a input language.

This is obviously working on the Japanese version of the Arc (SO-01C) so did I just oversee it on my Arc (EU/German device) or do

I have to use a third party keyboard app for that?

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Annie
Vielschreiber

Hi,

in order to use the Japanese keyboard, when you have the regular keyboard on the screen, press the text area  and hold it for a few seconds (the white area that your text shows up  when you type) then, a dialog will pop up allowing you to change the text input, select >Input method then > Japanese keyboard.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 ANTWORTEN 2
Annie
Vielschreiber

Hi,

in order to use the Japanese keyboard, when you have the regular keyboard on the screen, press the text area  and hold it for a few seconds (the white area that your text shows up  when you type) then, a dialog will pop up allowing you to change the text input, select >Input method then > Japanese keyboard.

Nicht anwendbar

Thanks! So it was actually that easy Slightly_smiling_Face