Join now - be part of our community!

How change web page phone connects to by default?

SOLVED
Kokopelli1
Visitor

How change web page phone connects to by default?

Well, it's all in the subject really: how do I change (if at all possible) the web page/search engine my phone connects to by default?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kokopelli1
Visitor

Yes, I can and I realize it was kind of rude not to. But the truth is that I was ashamed to; it's so obvious - but here goes: when at my PC, whenever I google something, even though I live in Sweden, I always eschew the Swedish site in favor of en.wikipedia.org i.e. the English-language site.

It has so many more articles there is really no comparison. Plus they are generally more comprehensive and, I feel, better informed and  more academically stringent than the Swedish (or, I suppose, the Tagalog site) as there are so many more English-speaking people than there are Swedish- or Tagalog-speakers. 

Too late in the post-a-question-about-it-on-sonymobile.com game did I realize that I can scroll down and instead of sv.wikipedia.org look at the en.wikipedia.org article on the phone.

And that was all Slightly_smiling_Face The device is my trusty $20 2'nd hand K530i. It takes all kinds of abuse and just keeps working. A real friend.

Plus I am blessed in that I don't care about keeping up with the Svenssons; I just want a phone I can rely on - the Apple Iphone 6s Plus @ 750 smackeroos that breaks if you drop it is not for me, thanks just the same...:smileycool:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Are you talking about the default browser or the search engine in a browser? Also, what device do you have?

alexdon
Kokopelli1
Visitor

Thank you alexdon. I found the answer to my question by trial-and-error fiddling a minute ago.

Sorry about wasting your time...:smileyexclaim:

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Could you please share the solution?

alexdon
Kokopelli1
Visitor

Yes, I can and I realize it was kind of rude not to. But the truth is that I was ashamed to; it's so obvious - but here goes: when at my PC, whenever I google something, even though I live in Sweden, I always eschew the Swedish site in favor of en.wikipedia.org i.e. the English-language site.

It has so many more articles there is really no comparison. Plus they are generally more comprehensive and, I feel, better informed and  more academically stringent than the Swedish (or, I suppose, the Tagalog site) as there are so many more English-speaking people than there are Swedish- or Tagalog-speakers. 

Too late in the post-a-question-about-it-on-sonymobile.com game did I realize that I can scroll down and instead of sv.wikipedia.org look at the en.wikipedia.org article on the phone.

And that was all Slightly_smiling_Face The device is my trusty $20 2'nd hand K530i. It takes all kinds of abuse and just keeps working. A real friend.

Plus I am blessed in that I don't care about keeping up with the Svenssons; I just want a phone I can rely on - the Apple Iphone 6s Plus @ 750 smackeroos that breaks if you drop it is not for me, thanks just the same...:smileycool:

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

This was a funny reply. Thanks for sharing everything.

alexdon