Join now - be part of our community!

Help upgrading to 2.1!!

SOLVED
Not applicable

Help upgrading to 2.1!!

I just received my X10A in the mail today...I went online and to Sony Ericsson's website and followed the instructions for upgrading to Android 2.1; downloaded PC companion...but it says my phone is 'up to date'.  I am still running on 1.6. I then You-Tubed instructions but holy crap....its really complicated...and i can't get it to work.  is there an easier way...or would someone be able to...how should i say...dummy-down some instructions for me? :smileygrin:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

once you download

X10a_2.1update1_r2.1.A.0.435_Generic.ftf

put it insdie

FlashTool

Firmwares

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable

Hi there.

I found this guide a while ago, translated from swedish to english via google but still easy to follow: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/8020

Good Luck!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

quite simple, you need to download two files

1) Flashtool (NOT the flasher)

2) the firmware

both from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746

install FlashTool

inside there will be 5 folders

Custom

Drivers

Firmwares

Loaders

X10Flasher_lib

put the firmware file inside "Firmwares" folder

click on X10FlashTool

click on Flash

Press Okit will ask you to connect your phone on Flashmode (turn off your phone, press the back button, then connect the USB) press OK

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you can download falshtool 0.2.8 or any version and the firmware download this

X10a Generic
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81)

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

after you install 2.1 on your phone get this apps

on your computer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826311

Download

Gallery_X10

Music_X10

They were supposed to be included with android but Sony Ericsson removed them so there wouldn't be competition to their Mediascape

I sugest you create a file on your SD card so you can put this apps together and others that you will side load, you can call it APK or something like that

make sure that you go to

Settings

Applications

and that Unknown sourcess is selected

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Not applicable

Not sure if you still check this but I ran into a problem with flashing the phone and I believe I bricked it. It went thru the flash just fine, it restarted showed the camera with the blue arrow and now all it does it restart itself. Any help would be appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

just start all over and it will be fixed

Not applicable

Uliwooly...thanks for the quick response.  I'm still having issues (i swear to god i'm not an idiot...it only appears that way lol).  I went to the link you gave me...downloaded this flash tool: 

Download FlashTool version 0.2.9.1 Beta :
http://www.multiupload.com/7H4JT35B6G (MD5: 4C370DDC5B6D40F96CA00D856019B19F)

Then i downloaded this firmware file:

X10a Generic
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81)

After i downloaded/extracted, the 5 folders you listed all appeared along with the X10FlashTool.  I'm uncertain which specific files to move into the firmware folder (currently empty).  Everything i try to move in there.....after i open the flash tool...and run as an administrator....nothing appears in the file list....no matter which folder i select.

Am I missing a download...or am i really just an idiot? lol ahhhhh help please!! (i attached a pic of my desktop so you can see what i'm seeing (or not seeing).

desktop pic.jpg

Files in Custom, Firmware, X10Flasher, and Driver folders.  Nothing in CustomRoms folder.  In the middle picture…that’s the Flashtool….when I select the source folder….nothing pulls up…in any folder I select.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

once you download

X10a_2.1update1_r2.1.A.0.435_Generic.ftf

put it insdie

FlashTool

Firmwares