Join now - be part of our community!

Anybody else having problems updating xperia phone?

SOLVED
Robevilla
Visitor

Anybody else having problems updating xperia phone?

Im tring to update using the pc companion and i don't know what im doing wrong. I wait for the instructions to pop up and unplug cable from pc then phone, count to 10 to make sure i at least get 5 seconds, connect cable back to my laptop then i hold the volume down key as if i were to turn down the volume on my phone while connecting and once my phone turns on with sony logo i let go, it goes to battery charging screen and isnt even on my computer cannot dtect my phone whats wrong? why cant pc comaion do all the work?

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

there are a lot of videos on youtube on how to use Sony Update Service

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sony+update+service&oq=sony+update+service&gs_l=youtube....

Robevilla
Visitor

I just got a off a chat with one of the agents from sony and he told that windows 8 computes wont let me do it, so appearantly i wont be able to update my phone until i get the usb ports fixed on my older laptop or until sony lets pc companion or the phone update without a computer

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that doesn't sound right

I think they lie to you

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

System requirements

• Internet broadband connection
  • Intel® Pentium® 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
  • 500 MB free hard disk space
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
  • Microsoft® Windows XP™ SP3 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit) or Windows 8 (32/64 bit)*

*PC Companion is not supported on Windows RT

Robevilla
Visitor

do i need to connect it to a 2.0 port? because all the ports on my computer are all 3.0 ports and i have 4 of them

Robevilla
Visitor

thanks for your help, i looked at the system requirements it says i need a 2.0 port and my brother has a 2.0 port on his windows 8 computer. i dont have any just 4 3.0 ports and now its working. thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

anytime Slightly_smiling_Face

Robevilla
Visitor

thanks a lot more help than from the sony agents i chatted with. They seem like they knew what i was talking about or even know how to fix the problem and they gave really slow responses. but always keep in mind to read the system requirements but i do hope sony makes it possible for me to update my phone using 3.0 ports too

Ventsie
Visitor

I have the same problem. I am using windows 8.1 (I dont think that this is the problm , because it is the same as windows 8). I have xperia miro, and tried everything I read, but nothing seem to work for me. I tried both 2.0 and 3.0 USB port. It is very stupid that there are such problems. SHAME ON YOU, SONY!

FerParra
Visitor

Try using diferent usb ports, it works for me. 

Remmember hold volumen down before plug in the cable. 

Regards