Join now - be part of our community!

What am doing wrong? RDR-DC200

profile.country.GB.title
rmduthie
Explorer

What am doing wrong? RDR-DC200

I am on my second Sony RDR-DC200, and it has the same problem as the one the shop took back!

It fails to come on when I use the remote, front panel or EPG programmed recordings. If I cut the power, the problem is gone when I switch it on again. Since it fails to record, it is simply not fit for purpose!

Anyone had similar problems?

5th December:- And now for something completely different...the second machine fails to give any output. The front panel shows the menu display selected, but the TV screen is blank! The RDR-DC range has disappeared from the Sony shops and Website, with nothing new to replace them!

Come on, Sony, own up and tell us what is wrong with these machines that you cannot even fix with a software (firmware) update!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Hitmesys
Visitor

Fails to come on can be a firmware problem. Checkout Firmware upgrade from Sony Support.

profile.country.GB.title
rmduthie
Explorer

I gave up and bought a Humax with 1000Gb memory. It's a great machine, and gives me no problems at all.

profile.country.en_GB.title
fidmorga
New

Couldn't agree more.  My RDR DC200 has failed to record, had very patchy TV guide and displays .D003 etc for channel names.  I did the software upgrade to 1.05, went away hoping I'd come back to recordings but the machine chooses whether to or not, so if you set it for a nightly programme it might record Monday Tuesday and  Thursday and not bother with the rest.  I HATE this machine.  The older DVD recorders were great, so what has gone so badly wrong.  A recorder which doesn't record = a recorder not fit for purpose.  They should replace them all.  They'd have to if it was a car.