Join now - be part of our community!

Video output on bdps370 to vga plasma display

profile.country.en_GB.title
nobbyhoddle
Visitor

Video output on bdps370 to vga plasma display

I cannot get the BDPS370 to display on my Panasonic Plasma (TH-42PWD6) non-HD display.  I am using the video output to a phono-scart connector which is then converted to VGA via a JST (RGB to Plasma VGA converter) box.  If I connect to a CRT portable via scart I get a display so the BDPS370 and cabling is ok.  I have tried various settings on the dvd player without success.  An older (non Bluray) DVD player and setbox box are fine via the JST converter but these are connected directly with a scart cable without the video and phono-scart connection.

Yesterday we had a similar problem with a Virgin Tivo box not displaying on the plasma, we used the portable to do the config and setup and once completed we then connected to the JST and all works fine. Again a straight scart in and out.

Does the video out from the BDPS370 need some sort of conversion to RGB scart for the JST to be able to then convert to VGA?  Running out of ideas now!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nobbyhoddle
Visitor

The nice people at JST Technology resolved this problem.  The JST box that converts RGB to VGA requires RGB as input but is getting composite video from the BDPS370.  The phone-scart connector does no conversion.  The portable TV accepts a composite video input so displays fine.  Solution is to convert the signal from the DVD to VGA, ideally using an HDMI to VGA converter.