Join now - be part of our community!

USB drives.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Hotrodspike
Visitor

USB drives.

Hiya everybody.

Can anybody tell me the maximum size of USB stick I can put in my DVP-SR760H DVD player please?

A 4GB works but doesn't hold enough, can I stick a 64GB in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to page 7 of the manual

"

About supported USB devices

• This player supports USB Mass Storage

Class only.

• This player supports FAT format USB

device only.

• Some USB devices may not work with this

player"

Unfortunately it doesnt elaborate on which USB devices may or may not work on.  A 64GB Fat32 USB Drive should work in my opinion.  Your drive might be one of the not supported ones. Unfortunately, that doesnt help you in any way.

One last thing, on page 10, under troubleshooting.  Just ensure that you are in USB mode, not disc mode (might be a silly thing, but you may have over looked it)

cheers.

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The main factor is that the USB Drive must be formatted to FAT32 format. Other than that, there should be no reason why large USB Drives shouldnt work.

Hope that helps.

Hotrodspike
Visitor

Thanks for the reply mate.

I've tried a 64GB that is formatted FAT32, but it just doesn't recognise it at all. The drive shows up on two of my computers and everything is on it, but the DVD won't have it at all. The only files that are on the drive are videos, which play when they're on a smaller drive, I just wanted to be able to have a lot more to choose from. Any more ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to page 7 of the manual

"

About supported USB devices

• This player supports USB Mass Storage

Class only.

• This player supports FAT format USB

device only.

• Some USB devices may not work with this

player"

Unfortunately it doesnt elaborate on which USB devices may or may not work on.  A 64GB Fat32 USB Drive should work in my opinion.  Your drive might be one of the not supported ones. Unfortunately, that doesnt help you in any way.

One last thing, on page 10, under troubleshooting.  Just ensure that you are in USB mode, not disc mode (might be a silly thing, but you may have over looked it)

cheers.

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

Hotrodspike
Visitor

Thanks again mate, I'm coming to the conclusion that it's coming under the third option "some USB devices etc". Never mind I'll use it for something else.

Thanks again

John