Join now - be part of our community!

Timer recording failure

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
silkfan
New

Timer recording failure

Timer recording from EPG to hard disc has failed on our HDD/ DVD recorder, an RDR-HXD 995.  Although the timer is set up properly, in the same way  it always has been, after the event nothing appears in the title list. The timer list will show "Standby" until about an hour after the event, when it changes to "No Broadcast", despite the fact that the recorder is receiving the relevant signal, which can be viewed live on the connected TV set.  This is not an isolated fault - it's now happened about four times, without any success in timer/ EPG recording in between time. I've powered it down and back again to no avail (since this seems to be the only relevant trouble-shooting suggestion in the handbook).  If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd be very grateful to hear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

never heard about such a problem on these machines. I suggest to try a reset (stop + poweroff button on the deck). Be aware that the reset will delete any setting and timer (not the HDD contents)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

never heard about such a problem on these machines. I suggest to try a reset (stop + poweroff button on the deck). Be aware that the reset will delete any setting and timer (not the HDD contents)

profile.country.en_GB.title
silkfan
New

Thank you so much.  This machine was destined for the skip until two hours ago when I followed your suggestion, and it's now working fine.  Your solution is buried away in the owners' manual, but without any suggestion that it might solve any particular problem. I'm very grateful.