Join now - be part of our community!

TA VE170 Replacement fan

profile.country.en_GB.title
dhbains
Visitor

TA VE170 Replacement fan

I have the TA VE170 home surround system. Recently the fan started to stick (build up of dust inside the unit and around the fan) I opened it up and used an an air duster  to remove all the dust of all components. It looks almost brand new internally now!!

Anyway the fan worked for about 2 mins when turned on the first time after the clean up operation. But now the fan stops and starts almost sticking at times sending the whole system into 'PROTECT' mode. I have looked for the oringinal fan which is a

SUNON GM1204pkv2-a 12v 0.8w (got from back of fan) 40x40x20 in size

but cant find it for love or money. I dont think it exists anymore !!  I went to Maplins and brought an over the counter 12v 0.8w fan but it also has problems. It s almost as if it cant start spinning when the system is turned on. You do get a slight movement of the fan about 2msecs after putting the amp 'on' but then it goes into protect mode again.

Funny thing is should i help the fan by rotating the fan itself when turning on the system all seems fine !! No protect mode.

As a last resort i did something stupid. I put a bit of wd40 onto the oringinal fan thinking that will help. !! Well its buggered it up even more !!!

Does anyone know of a similar  ORIGINAL fan that will work in the amp or even advise me of where to get one?

Thanks all

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Radiatormatt
Visitor

I have taken to using silicone spray rather than WD40 seems to work a treat.