Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DH810 HDMI switching not working

profile.country.GB.title
bridavis
Explorer

STR-DH810 HDMI switching not working

I have a STR-DH810 av amp to which I have connected a BDP-S570 blue ray player, all connected by HDMI 1.4 leads showing on a KDL-W42000 TV.

I know the TV does not support HDMI switching but the Blue Ray player does and so does the amp.

When I first installed the amp, whenever I switched on the Blue Ray player, the amp would switch to that component and play-back would start, but for some reason that I cannot figure out this no longer works and I have to manually switch to the Blue Ray players port to watch Blue Ray.

Has anyone got any ideas???

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
bridavis
Explorer

I don,t know replying to my own thread....oh well,

I was just about to pack away my amp  (STR-DH810) due to the HDMI switching issue and take it to get looked at, when, when, I thought I would mess about and tune in a few radio stations. In doing this I noticed that there was no response from a few buttons on the remote so I decided to remove the batteries and try again, to my surprise all buttons were functioning, and so was my HDMI witching, I pressed the button for my Blue ray player on the amp remote and the player and amp switched on to the relevant channels.....oh joyous day....Sort that one out Sony, it beats me.