Join now - be part of our community!

SONY SMP-N100 subtitles font

profile.country.ro_RO.title
cradu23
Visitor

SONY SMP-N100 subtitles font

I just bought this box. I like it very much exept one thing: fonts of external subtitle (divx or subtitle that are not included in movie). I mean, cmon, anyone can read that and see movie confortable? Is any way to change that font size or SONY have any plan to implement that soon?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DK.title
boegebjerg71
New

How do you add subtitle from external? I can't get it to work and pressing the subtitle button on remote control seems not to change any thing and the srt file i placed in the same folder as movie, but I can't see any when I play the movie.

profile.country.el_GR.title
jojosjojos
Visitor

this happened to me once.first be sure you have the latest firmware update. Then try to download again the subtitles from a different provider, and check if they play.

if not right click on the subtitle file, and select open it with notepad. then choose save as...

on the left down side choose in the encoding drop down menu  UTF-8 or unicode.

then check if this works.

the font size can change only with a subtitle editor. i dont think you can do it from the media player.

Message was edited by: jojosjojos

profile.country.el_GR.title
billarion
New

Hello jojosjojos! Could you please tell me if this solution you wrote above for the smp n100 works and for the bravia kdl 26ex302? Because I installed the update released this month and I cahanged the subs in UTF-8 with thw same name with the avi file, but still nothing! Ah and I am trying to watch Greek subs! Any solution?