Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55AF9 remote Volume long press not working

SOLVED
profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

Sony KD-55AF9 remote Volume long press not working

- After last firmware update of my TV KD-55AF9, the remote control does not change volume constantly by keep pressing Volume Up/Down on the remote control, and I have to press many times, each time for one step.

- The volume is controlling Marantz receiver amp volume.

- It was working correctly before the Update of the TV firmware

- I tried to control internal volume of the TV, and it had the same problem

- After rebooting the TV, it works correctly for few minutes.

- I have video app that controls system volume using right/left control buttons, and it works correctly and controls the volume of the Marantz.

Any ideas how to solve this? other than resetting the whole TV, I have too much programmed and do not want to go through all these setups again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

I made few experiments and found out the reason was giving accessibility permission to Button Mapper, which worked without issues with the previous TV firmware.

when removing the permission, volume change works correctly.

with the new firmware, escape button on my wireless keyboard stopped working too, but since I have external amplifier, I got me universal remote, programmed volume to change directly amplifier, and kept Button Mapper working to compensate for the Escape wireless keyboard button and to program few other remote buttons.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Can you tried to reset the remote control, which may resolve the issue. To do this - 

1. Remove the batteries from the remote control.
  2. Press the power button on the remote control for three seconds.
  3. Install new batteries into the remote control.

If you are still having an issue with the control, I would suggest a reset of your TV. Please note that your personal settings and data will not be lost after the TV restarts. You can see more details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on? 

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

I made few experiments and found out the reason was giving accessibility permission to Button Mapper, which worked without issues with the previous TV firmware.

when removing the permission, volume change works correctly.

with the new firmware, escape button on my wireless keyboard stopped working too, but since I have external amplifier, I got me universal remote, programmed volume to change directly amplifier, and kept Button Mapper working to compensate for the Escape wireless keyboard button and to program few other remote buttons.