Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Hard Disk Recorder SVR-S500

profile.country.en_GB.title
barryoakley
Visitor

Sony Hard Disk Recorder SVR-S500

Unfortunately, I have one of these! What part of the forum am I supposed to send questions on it to??

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good Point.  Probably 'DVD & Blu-Ray' but if you ask anywhere under the general TV and Home Cinema, I'm sure someone will try to help.

Manual for SVR-S500 - http://support.sony-europe.com/ha/comp/hdr/hdr.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=SVR-S500

barryoakley
Visitor

OK - well, the 'guide' facility no longer works, except for the 'current' and 'next' program. I understand that this is because the provider of the 'Guide' service that the PVR uses, no longer provdes the information.

Clearly that information is available, because a much cheaper PVR I use in my office still has the EPG facility fully operational (and in a much more user friendly way!!).

When can we expect Sony to come up with a software upgrade to fix this?

chuddart
Visitor

I would have expected a company with the reputation of SONY to - having made a product design error - Would provide a means of up dating the product with revised frimware.

The is and was no need to use the 4tvinteractive data for EPG data when a 7 day EPg Guide is broadcast on a dedicated multiplex.

barryoakley
Visitor

So - given the null response - I assume the answer is "When Hell freezes over"!!

That's probably the last Sony product I will ever buy!

Janeywoo
Visitor

I too have an SVR-S500 and am bemoaning the lack of information or interest shown by Sony in this. The lack of a proper guide is such a pain. What they should be doing is recalling the product and offering us money/vouchers etc in return. Not just ignoring the problem. Useless. To be honest I always thought the product badly designed and won't be buying Sony again.

mccormackm
New

i still use my recorder and very disappointed with the EPG or Guide not updating, i was hoping by now someone would have resolved the problem so thought i would have  a quick look, i agree with what everyone says on here it's a very poor show of sony to ignore and not resolve the problem, thumbs down for sony :angry: