Join now - be part of our community!

Skype video delay on the S780

profile.country.en_GB.title
chrisproud
New

Skype video delay on the S780

When running skype on the s780 the sound is perfectly responsive however the video is about 10 seconds behind the sound, both for the preview on my tv and what is seen the other end of the call. For example you can say hello and start waving, you will be heard immediatly however you won't be seen waving for another 10 seconds.

Does anyone else use skype on the S780? Anyone else seen the same problem?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Strange - haven't heard of this error before. Are you running the latest firmware? How fast is your broadband?

Thanks

chrisproud
New

Yes, got the latest firmware. First thing I did 😉

I've got a 10MB connection with virgin. The other end of the call is Mexico. This has always worked fine on a PC so I don't imagine it is a connection issue.

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Sure - just checking :wink: Might be worth doing a factory reset as well just incase something has glitched somewhere.

• Does it only happen with some calls or all calls?
  • Uk to UK calls also affected?

We'd basically need to try and re-create the issue somehow with Skype, so need to try and isolate the issue.

Thanks

chrisproud
New

I did a ten minute call to my iphone on the same network and didn't notice any video delays.

When calling Mexico the video is fine to start with but the delay gets progressively longer and longer through the call.

profile.country.de_DE.title
fzi_berlin
Visitor

I have the same problem, delays of about 10 seconds. After exactly 40 minutes some buffer seems to be full, the video blacks out for a second and the process starts from the beginning. I have the newest firmware and already sent it to Sony - but the local support store says they can't find the error... which is very strange since I checked it from various internet connections and it is still the same.

So there MUST be a problem with the device. Seems the customer support just dosn't take enough time to reproduce the error, which is really sad for a company like Sony!