Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD860 intermittent disc playback problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
sony_ffoil
Visitor

RDR-HXD860 intermittent disc playback problem

I've recently had a problem with the DVD (not the HDD) on my player.  It will start to play a disc OK, and then between 50 and 70 minutes in it will either freeze or start jumping ahead.  The display shows the track and how long it has been running, and these follow the picture, no error messages appear.  I've tried putting the DVDs into my PC, and they play fine there, which makes me think it is the HXD860.  So far I've had this happen on three different discs, all of which are "home grown" ones, all burnt on this machine, and all have been played on it before.  I've just tried a commercial disc, and that was OK.  When it freezews (I had one that just froze and didn't move on), the controls are all working, so I don't think it is the control system. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be ?

As a secondary question, unlrelated to the above,  when playing back (either from DVD or HDD), I can usually see the image of the programme that is on the channel the TV (Bravia KDL 26S2030) is tuned to.  How do I stop that ?.

TIA

Adrian

0 REPLIES 0