Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-DC205 won't stay turned on

profile.country.en_GB.title
piggy1982
Visitor

RDR-DC205 won't stay turned on

I have the RDR-DC205 HDD/DVD recorder and it will not stay turned on. It has been working fine and was even working fine last night. I turned it off before bed and when I came to turn it on this morning the display says 'welcome', as usual. Then the machine attempts to load a disc, and comes up on the display 'no disc'. This is fine because there isnt one. Then you hear the fan cut in for a matter of seconds before it stops and the machine turns off. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. I have tried resetting it using the button on the front panel. I have also tried to update the firmware on it. I get a message on screen asking if I want to update and when I highlight the 'yes' option and press enter on my remote, I then get a message saying 'function cannot be used now', before the machine turns off. The clock is still telling the correct time, and the picture is good for the few seconds that it is on. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this or how it can be fixed? Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
btrainer
Visitor

Hey Piggy.

I had exactly the same issue. (See my recent posting).

I too could not figure out what was wrong

I got home the other night and turned it on again. Then I simply hit the eject button on the DVD tray, waited a couple of seconds then hit same button again to make the tray go back in. I couldn't believe it when the recorder then stayed on! It has not played up since. Touch wood! :slight_smile:

I've no idea why ejecting the tray would make so much difference, but hey, it seems to have worked.

Good luck.

Brandon.

alan824089
Visitor

I have the same problem now (Jan 2013). I had a similar problem with a JVC recorder about 3 years ago. I found it was a common problem with that machine and a solution had been posted. I bought an electronic component and removed the old one and soldered in the new one. It cost about £2.50.

I suspect there is a similar solution to this for the RDR-DC205, anyone know the solution.

alan