Join now - be part of our community!

No instant game response passthrough on STRDN-1080

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Paddy81
New

No instant game response passthrough on STRDN-1080

So I'm new to the Sony community after buying the STRDN-1080 AV receiver and while I'm overjoyed with my purchase,  I have one small issue concerning the passthrough of my Xbox One X.  I have the LG C9 OLED and when I hook the X up direct to any of the HDMI ports on the TV, I get the option of tickboxing for both the Low Latency and refresh rate in the Xbox'svideo settings.  Once I hook the X up to the AV receiver, that option is greyed out and doesn't let you check them off.  I've tried pretty much everything from turning each individual HDMI ports Deep Colour and Instant Game Response on the TV off and on, using different HDMI ports and cables and turning on and off the enhanced HDMI ports on the receiver but the 1080 just refuses to allow me to use this function. While it's not a big deal to me as the picture is still insanely smooth and precise, I would love to have everything working the way it should.  I didnt buy the receiver to use it as just an amplifier and this appears to be the only option available to me if I want full game mode from the LG.  Any help that doesnt require me to spend £50 on 2.1 HDMI cables would be appreciated... 

But I'm super happy with this purchase.  Even non Atmos soundtracks sound like they fill the room and the actual crispness and quality of all the sound being pushed out the receiver is so much superior to my old Yamaha RXV-375.  Just sort out connection issues to other brand TVs!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Paddy81
New

So, I've managed to sort out the issue that I had with the instant game response not activating through the receiver  -  while I had tried the ARC on the TV(LG C9), what I hadn't done was change the actual ARC settings on the TV... I am now using the TVs eARC function with the receiver and it is working perfectly.  Games are running smoothly and I'm getting full dolby atmos sound with it from the TV.  Now my system is perfect... thank you for the help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Paddy,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

You can get in touch with the Sony Support team here if you'd like to discuss this.

Best wishes,
Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Paddy81
New

So, I've managed to sort out the issue that I had with the instant game response not activating through the receiver  -  while I had tried the ARC on the TV(LG C9), what I hadn't done was change the actual ARC settings on the TV... I am now using the TVs eARC function with the receiver and it is working perfectly.  Games are running smoothly and I'm getting full dolby atmos sound with it from the TV.  Now my system is perfect... thank you for the help.