Join now - be part of our community!

HX723 TV compatability with SU-B401S speaker stand

profile.country.en_GB.title
SMFire
Visitor

HX723 TV compatability with SU-B401S speaker stand

Hi,

I've bought a SU-B401S speaker stand with subwoofer to go with my 40" HX723 TV. The Sony website said that the speaker stand works only with the NX723 however most of the online sites were advertising the stand for both the HX & NX series. Having seen this. I decided to take the plunge and ordered the stand from Debenhams+.

Now comes the interesting part. The TV does not fit snugly into the slot on the stand !!!!. It only partly fits into it. Also, I was unable to screw on 2 out of 3 on the back of the TV connecting it to the supporter(which fits onto the neck). My question is, is there a way I can make the stand fit properly with the TV. Functionally it is flawless and serves my need. Its just the fitting which I'm worried off. Hopefully the TV does not come undone from the part screwed on stand. It seems stable as of now but slightly wobbly.

Any suggestions would be highly welcome.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: SMFire

Message was edited by: SMFire

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

well let me tell you what happened when the dealer and i tried to fit one of these to mine!, the instructions are about as much use as a hole in the head, the stand along with the mounting bracket has a plate that usually fits in between, it is this that causes the problem, you have to re check the instructions, i cannot remember the specifics now but we omitted this plate and the damned thing just slotted in!

i believe these SUB  stands fitted both the NX and HX range but a quick check on here should clarify that, as for the little wobble, once you have fitted it properly it will still do that a bit, dont worry about it unless you plan on swinging from it!

just done a quick check and yes the stand is suitable for your tv.

SMFire
Visitor

After a lot of meddling with the neck, back of the stand, It still did not fit correctly into the slot. It only partially slotted in, I think this may have to do with different shapes of the NX723 and HX723's base. Returned it now. Any suggestions for other soundbars which are compatible with the HX723 would be welcome. Seen a sharp and an oppo soundbar which looked and within about 200 quid. Might buy one of those.

Cheers.