Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 Settings user control

profile.country.GB.title
jedi172
Explorer

HT-ZF9 Settings user control

Hi had the bar a couple of weeks now seem a nice bit of kit but I would like more control in certain areas and which I believe should be available at this price point. Few listed below and I have seen others point some of these out in previous posts.

more control of the center channel a sliding scale would be nice instead of the 2 options. You have full control of the sub so this should a basic setting.

better control of the auto level volume control first time i have seen a poor implementation of this feature I miss about 30 seconds of the program as the volume builds up it even kicks in at adverts and even known it to do it in quite scenes in programs. 

General audio control some times I don’t need to to be watching all tv programs in 7.1.2 forced surround why is the no option to switch to stereo or even 3.1 which is enough for the news and the wife watching soaps. One press button on the remote ??

also a lot of Av receivers that have Atmos and DTS X come with their version of 3.1 up conversion that the bar has but is fully controlled by the sound bar I want to be able pick my preference not just the option Sony’s Vertical S or OFF . Should be one press of a button no delving into the menus to get it changed and still limited control. 

Last one the vertical s control and system set up should have a height setting as most rooms have different height ceilings and it could affect the way it does it’s thing.

Just a a little bit of positive criticism or Maybe future firmware up dates 😃

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Jedi, 

Thanks, any product feedback is always welcome.

Also, you may have already visited, but the support page for your product is here. You can keep up with firmware updates and search the manuals and help guides if needed.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
jedi172
Explorer

Sent it back went back to a av reciever and speakers.