Join now - be part of our community!

HT-RT3 sound difference Bluetooth vs HDMI/optical

profile.country.GB.title
cyocady
New

HT-RT3 sound difference Bluetooth vs HDMI/optical

Hello'

I have a kdl-50w815b tv and the ht-rt3 connected with arc hdmi.

Also connected to the tv i have an htpc runing windows 10 latest updates.

the problem i am having and witch i had from the beginning is that the sound it's not amplified like it should be.

I noticed this when i changed from to Bluetooth on my phone. the sound was alot better in all ways...witch is very weird since optical and hdmi should sound better than bluetooth.

I started testing a lot being sure sound levels are the same from different sources (pc, Smartphone, tv) on bluetooth, hdmi arc, optical, the 3.5 mm jack and even usb.

Well it is totally different and volume a lot higher. I even went to the shop i bought it and did the same test on the unit they had displayed and the same thing happened. Also asked some friends that have the same ht-rt3 and they said the same thing.

I spoke with Sony representative several times and they do not want to acknowledge this. I was weighting for a software/ firmware update but nothing.

At this point i have it on Bluetooth with my pc but the audio delay of 300ms it's annoing and haveing to correct that all the time in plex or vlc. For youtube i still have no solution.

Now what should i do. I am certain that all the people with this model have this problem but they didn't noticed it.

Help me make Sony acknowledge the failed product and make at lest an updated firmware for this.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
noelledefreitas
New

not sure what you are talking about.  which dvd player is this?

profile.country.GB.title
cyocady
New

kdl-50w815b is a tv and ht-rt3 is a sound system. Please don't respond if you don't have any of this products