Join now - be part of our community!

HT-RT3 Audio Delay

aj87uk
Explorer

HT-RT3 Audio Delay

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a HT-RT3 with a Sony Bravia KD55X8509C. 

I have the sub connected to the TV via HDMI ARC and a Chromecast Audio connected to the Aux input. 

The issue is almost everytime I go to use the Aux input there is a delay of 500ms to a second processing the sound, therefore the speakers in one room are out of sync with the other Chromecasts, which is very noticable.

I found a work around is to go into the menu > audio > effect and toggle the setting on or off, the brief silence whilst it changes something removes the delay. The state of the effect setting makes no difference, it can be toggled off and on again and it'll remove the delay just the same. 

For a £250 audio system, added to the rather loud fan in the sub (mentioned elsewhere on here) I cannot recommend this product at all at the moment. I'm wondering if persisting and hoping a firmware update fixes this or if these seem unpopular for a reason?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
aj87uk
Explorer

Didn't find a permenant solution to the delay issue with the Aux connection, I have only ever once had it add the delay to the TV's sound which was fixed just by the usual turn off and on again.

However, most of the time I don't use the sub/soundbar anymore, it no longer automatically turns on with the TV and when I do turn it on half the time the TV is outputting sound via optical which isn't even connected to the sub instead of the HDMI. To both of these I have to reboot the TV so can't entirely blame the HT-RT3, however the PS4 turning on will turn on the TV and visa-versa.

Added to the noise of the fan in the sub, I'd recommend returning it.

The lack of much online about the HT-RT3 makes me think Sony aren't selling a lot of them, so I've given up hope something would be improved by firmware. I've left it too long now to return it.

DoomerDGR8
Explorer

Hello!

I'm too now a victim of this broken sound system. I went for a budget TV as I have verticle lines on my expensive 6000 AED (Arab Emirates Dirhams) LG TV. The new TCL Google TV is great. Lacks the quality but still an awesome first time experience with a built-in chrome. The shopkeeper convinced me to buy a sound system and sold me this one. Knowing t was Sony, I just bought it.

Results:

• HDMI ARC: 1400 ms sound delay
  • Optic cable (2m): 1400 ms sound delay

No AV sync settings in any of the menus of the sound system as mentioned in the help site. Even if there was, it would allow adjusting up to 300ms. 1400ms is a big difference.

The only way I can use this crappy sound system is a billion thanks to the android app. called KODI. It has the capability to down a 7.1 to 5.1 or any to 2.1. It has a built-in option to manage a total of 10 seconds delay (-5000ms to +5000ms)

There is no firmware to download. I spent 500 AED over this.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How do you connect your tv to th HT? And why do you blame the soundbar instead of the TV itself?