Join now - be part of our community!

HT-MT500 Sound Bar Search!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

HT-MT500 Sound Bar Search!

I hope someone out there can help me! I am looking for a new one of these after the one I purchased from Amazon failed after only 19 months of use! The unit was not a UK one and the cost of repairs is prohibitively expensive so I need to source a new one. My current home system only has room for a sound bar of this length so I need to replace it with another one if at all possible. I see Sony no longer sell it but they do the inferior HT-MT300 which seems strange to me! Anyway, hope someone can help! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @brsteve20 

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Here  are a few from Ebay that are considerably cheaper. One is refurbished (but its the same price nearly as a repair), one has been used and one was apparently opened but never used (Yeah - I really belieeeeve them LOL)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @brsteve20 

Another member suggested Ebay in your other thread about this,

but there is also one available still on amazon.

Have a look Here  :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

Thanks for the link but the price is now £200 more than I paid for it nearly 2 years ago! Given that I bought the original product from Amazon I am not prepared to pay that price to them I'm afraid. Frustrating, as I would like a like-for-like replacement. Thanks again for the link 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @brsteve20 

Here  are a few from Ebay that are considerably cheaper. One is refurbished (but its the same price nearly as a repair), one has been used and one was apparently opened but never used (Yeah - I really belieeeeve them LOL)

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

Thanks very much! I have ordered the refurbished one as it was the cheapest option! One of them didn't have the sub-woofer which seemed rather pointless! 🙂

Many thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @brsteve20 

I think that was the best choice too :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
brsteve20

I didn't want to start another thread so just thought I'd add another query onto the end of the thread. I managed to get a replacement at the second attempt, however neither of the refurbished options could connect to the sub-woofer!! I am using the sub -woofer from my own system that still works. The refurbished sound bar on both occasions connected to my sub-woofer, but the light at the back is not green, but orange! Whilst it works, I am worried there may be a problem that hasn't manifested itself yet! I don't trust things that don't do what they are supposed to, even if it does seem that they work! Before I finally accept the refurbished system, can you advise if there is anything I can do to get the light to turn green, or if not will it be a problem? Thank you.