Join now - be part of our community!

How to record from tv signal on to hxd 870 recorder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
matthorn1
Visitor

How to record from tv signal on to hxd 870 recorder

I have just subscribed to ESPN and can only use it through my KDL 40W5500 tv as it has a card reader. How can i set up my HXD870 player to record from the tv input.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

if there is no problem (digital right management) in the tv signal from ESPN you should be able to record it via SCART connection from TV to the recorder and enabling a timer set on the corrisponding line input (L1 or L2 depending on the SCART socket you use). be sure you use the right SCART both on tv and recorder and obviously you can record only if the tv is powered on and set on the ESPN channel when you want to record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

if there is no problem (digital right management) in the tv signal from ESPN you should be able to record it via SCART connection from TV to the recorder and enabling a timer set on the corrisponding line input (L1 or L2 depending on the SCART socket you use). be sure you use the right SCART both on tv and recorder and obviously you can record only if the tv is powered on and set on the ESPN channel when you want to record.

profile.country.en_GB.title
matthorn1
Visitor

Thanks very much it was as easy as that. No problem DRM either.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Via SCART you should be able also to set a timer on the EPG of the TV (at least mine W4000 has this option). This should let the timer setting easier: using the timer on the TV it should switch on both TV and recorder when due, without you setting and switching on everything. Probably it put also the TV on without actually showing anything on the panel.  I say "should" and "probably" because I never tried as it's not available via HDMI connection (it just says "remember  to set the timer on the recorder manually"...)