Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-HX1010 HDD Backup

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
JOAO__
Visitor

HDR-HX1010 HDD Backup

Hi,

I need do backup the 400GB my HD DVD Recorder RDR-HX1010. Is there anay way to do that, without recording DVDs ?

Can i have the internal disk connected to a PC and copy all files ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

noway. You may find in internet that the XFS format of the internal hard disk may be recognized by Linux, but it's a complex procedure and in any case I don't think that your movie may be used directly by the pc. With a lot of time to spend, the only possibility is via DVD (4 GB each, so 100 copy ...)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

noway. You may find in internet that the XFS format of the internal hard disk may be recognized by Linux, but it's a complex procedure and in any case I don't think that your movie may be used directly by the pc. With a lot of time to spend, the only possibility is via DVD (4 GB each, so 100 copy ...)

profile.country.pt_PT.title
JOAO__
Visitor

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

If you really do not want to use DVDs then another solution is to buy a PC TV tuner (they seem to be on USB sticks now). around/less than £50. Connect TV aeriel from HX1010 to thetuner and record to the PC disk. Of course very time consuming as I guess you have a couple of hundred hours of recording..

I noticed lastyearthat Maplins stock these;might be worthwhile visiting to check that you get a unit that fits your connections; ie I just saw one that only had an external Freeview HD aerial so no way to connect yur recorder.