Join now - be part of our community!

DAV-X1V Question

profile.country.GB.title
jasoooon_m
New

DAV-X1V Question

Hi There,

I have a sony DAV-X1V surround sound system and I am currently playing audio on it through the 3.5 mm jack on the front, am I getting the most potential out of the speakers? and is there an app to control it? 

Is there also any way to add an additional sub woofer?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@jasoooon_m 

I would say no, no, and no. But…..

Read this like a love letter, from cover to cover, to glean everything that you can about this device:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/2677/26774323M.pdf

In principle, the audio from the minijack should be as good as the audio from any of the other analogue audio inputs, and there may even be extra enhancement (P.AUDIO, page 30) for this input.

But the best audio you can get - apart from discs you insert  - will come from using the digital optical/coaxial inputs.

But can you? You need to say what your source device options are - please list them.

For an immediate comparison, see if there is something, same piece of music say, you can play both in the DVD player and into the minijack (preferably from a similar quality source, same music on another CD in a portable player say) at the same time, and switch between them. 

Re a second sub, once you have done the calibration, the single sub should be outputting the right level of sound. If you want more, turn it up a bit, if it lets you, or jack up the bass.

Or if you can muffle the sub while autocalibrating, by putting it face down into a pillow say, this will fool the calibration into making it louder 😛

But this unit was designed at a time when Sony were into proprietary connectors (or in the case of the amp end of the speaker cables, highly proprietary wiring of a standard connector!), so I would hesitate to mess with these to try and get a further sub take-off.

And the unit has no audio out, at line or any other level, that you could use.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…