Join now - be part of our community!

Channel is not available for BBC after retuning for switchover

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Elcadobes
Visitor

Channel is not available for BBC after retuning for switchover

My  SVR-HDT Hard Disc Recorder comes up with Channel is not Available for BBC 1 and 2 on ordinary BBC when I select using the DVR zapper, BBC HD works fine and so do all the other channels. I am using a Bravia TV and can tune into BBC 1 and 2 with no problem use the TV zapper. Everything has been working fine since I bought the TV and recorder last year. Today the analogue switchoff happened for BBC2 and that is when I lost the two BBC channels on the DVR zapper only. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gadgets_are_good
Visitor

I had a similar problem with BBC channels, so try the following:

First, download the Manual Re-tuning Guide for your model from the Sony site.

The channel numbers you need to follow Sony's instructions can be found at digitaluk.co.uk on the Manual Re-tuning page.  You need to enter your postcode on this page to get the correct channel numbers for your local transmitter.

Keep a printout of the information from both websites as some of the channels will change again on 18 April, so you might have to do another manual re-tune.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gadgets_are_good
Visitor

I had a similar problem with BBC channels, so try the following:

First, download the Manual Re-tuning Guide for your model from the Sony site.

The channel numbers you need to follow Sony's instructions can be found at digitaluk.co.uk on the Manual Re-tuning page.  You need to enter your postcode on this page to get the correct channel numbers for your local transmitter.

Keep a printout of the information from both websites as some of the channels will change again on 18 April, so you might have to do another manual re-tune.