Join now - be part of our community!

Can HT-AS5 reproduce DTS sound from PS3 games or DVD films?

profile.country.en_GB.title
gorcal
Visitor

Can HT-AS5 reproduce DTS sound from PS3 games or DVD films?

Hi, 

I have just connected my newly aqquired HT-AS5 to my PS3 system, but when I play DVD films with DTS sound options I cannot make the HT-AS5 reproduce DTS sound format.

Can anyone help me in this matter please?

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

if the media being played has a DTS track then yes it can!.

gorcal
Visitor

Hi Bravia,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried media that have a DTS track and mingled with all the settings possible on both the PS3 and HT-AS5, but I can't get the flippin DTS icon on the HT-AS5 display to light up!

I have the following equipment and setup

Sony KDL-32BX400 TV

Sony HT-AS5 Surround System

Sony PS3

TV-------HDMI & Optical-------->SS

PS-------HDMI & Optical-------->SS

Thanks and regards

Bravia55HX

i cant vouch for the settings on the PS3 as  dont have one (yet), but you need to check the sound settings (again) on both devices also for the moment disconnect optical as this may be cancelling out audio capability through HDMI. The sound settings should display, audio out to Auto, should you feel the need to try optical then in audio settings again you need to set Dolby Digital (coaxial/optical) to Dolby Digital and do the same for DTS to DTS. Theres no reason why it should not work.

one last word of note, since this unit (both for that matter) is 3D capable, you did not mention whether the tv is 3D also, should that be the case you will need the latest version high speed HDMI cables for this, however thats another subject and not directly relate to this sound issue.

let us know how it goes.