Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 won't play any discs

profile.country.en_GB.title
paultweedy
Visitor

BDV-E370 won't play any discs

Hi,

I've had a BDV-E370 for five months and been very happy with it, but recently I updated to the latest firmware (M04.R.752) and now it won't recognise any discs - DVD, CD or Blu-ray. Every disc I try (and I've tried many, all clean) results in a 'NO DISC' message displayed. Have reset all settings back to factory state, cycled mains power etc.

I tried it briefly this morning after having left the unit on standby overnight - and it played the first CD I inserted into it, but then any other disc I tried (including the same CD) wasn't recognised.

I've contacted Sony support, but has anyone else had this issue, or has any further advice?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
keviongornall
Visitor

Hi Paul

I'm suffering with the same problem....,

How did you get on with Sony support?

I believe the are a number of units which have "undisclosed issue" of which mine is in the last batch.

However, the problems did not manifest themselves until the latest firmware upgrade.

Regards

K

NickV430red
Visitor

Hi

Do you recommend i do a software upgrade? My player is straight out of the box and will not play any discs.

My problem is i don't have internet at the moment, it's a new build and waiting to be connected. Any other ideas how to get it updated?

Regards

Nick

Message was edited by: NickV430red