Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S480 3D Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
Visitor

BDP-S480 3D Problem

Hi I have a BDP-S480 player and I have never a problem with it until now. I recently purchased Transformers- Dark Side Of the Moon 3D and my player won't play it even though I have a 3D television. I get a big blue screen with the message that this disc needs a HDTV etc etc to play and no 2D is on this Disc.... Samsung 46D8000 is my television. Also I have a Sony HT-SS1300 which my player runs to and then to the Telly. I also have the lastest HDMI leads so I was wondering what could the problem be. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: 525122

Message was edited by: 525122

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

correct me if im wrong but your HTS-S1300 is not 3D capable, in order for this to work, skip the HDMI pass thru and connect the 480 to the tv via HDMI and use either Optical or Coaxial digital cable from your 480 to your HTS-S1300 and turn volume down to 0 on the tv, you will get DD or DTS sound from the HTS through your speakers and picture handled via HDMI.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Bravia55HX

Hi,

correct me if im wrong but your HTS-S1300 is not 3D capable, in order for this to work, skip the HDMI pass thru and connect the 480 to the tv via HDMI and use either Optical or Coaxial digital cable from your 480 to your HTS-S1300 and turn volume down to 0 on the tv, you will get DD or DTS sound from the HTS through your speakers and picture handled via HDMI.

Visitor

Hi,

Just like to say first thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that and still the same blue screen with the message. It's strange becuse the way I look at it if the sound system HTS-S1300 isn't HD capable would I get any picture at all? A friend later today is bringing over something in 3D to see if it works. Thanks again.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

read my answer again please, i said the HTS is not 3D capable so 3D will not pass thru.

3D movies will only work if you connect as i have already explained.

thanks.

Visitor

Maybe you should read your own replies as you said this "correct me if im wrong but your HTS-S1300 is not 3D capable" which to me means you don't know. My friend brought over a file that was in 3D and it worked through the HTS from my Media player so it has to be the Blu-Ray player.

Bravia55HX

not as bad as you not knowing your film titles!

its Dark of the moon and not Dark side of the moon!, unless your playing pink floyd!!

Visitor

My Bad!!! Thanks for your contructive help on my problem.....

alyers
Visitor

A friend later today is bringing over something in 3D to see if it works. Thanks again. http://www.bosin.info/g.gif

chapman10000
Visitor

Hey Guys

Did you get this to work.. I have the same problem where the blu ray player won't play the content but recognises the disc

any help would be great

thank you