Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-s360 Sys error after firmware upgrade?

profile.country.en_GB.title
chippoly
Visitor

BDP-s360 Sys error after firmware upgrade?

Hi everyone

Have just performed  a network update on my blu-ray player and front panel now coming up with Sys Error. Have phoned Sony who have told me that I need to take it in for repair which is a minimum of £50. Infuriated as the player was working perfectly until this system update was performed which doesn't really provide anything useful apart from some BD-live updates which is a waste of space in my view.

Anyone else have this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.ro_RO.title
laurentiumarian1
Visitor

Hi,

I've performed my BDP-S360 rel.11 over network and the same "sys.err" on display. Sony service recommends to change the mainboard which is ~£110!!!

This is the only way to solve that problem. I checked on eBay and will buy a old one (which is around £40) to replace damaged board which includes software ROM.

Will be back.

profile.country.en_GB.title
shooi.smith
Visitor

FINAL UPDATE: Sony wrote to me to say that, as a good will gesture, they'd replace my S360 with an S380! Just awaiting delivery... Thanks Sony!!!

UPDATE: Double checked and there are no Ts&Cs to agree to when doing an online update so called Sony back. They have now opened a case for me and asked me to send the player in to them - watch this space.

Mine's done exactly the same thing - just sticks with 'Sys Err' on the display and the disk tray stuck out.

I tried doing a software update using a CD to see if it would pick up where the online update failed, but it just spits that out again.

Sony support said that it's out of warranty (by just 3 months) so they won't do anything (they even quoted me the "before you updated, you had to agree to the terms and conditions so it's not our fault" line!).

Local Sony Service centre were very helpful but as it's not under warranty, want to charge around £100 + labour + vat to fix it (which is more than it'd cost to buy a new one!).

Very disappointed by this attitude - it's not like I was trying to hack the thing!

Do LG do Blu-ray players...?

Message was edited by: shooi.smith

Message was edited by: shooi.smith