Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 Wifi problem and the horrible support and warranty

SOLVED
anti-sony
New

Xperia Z5 Wifi problem and the horrible support and warranty

Hi everyone,

I have just created this account to tell you about my experience with Sony, UK. I have always been a loyal sony customer: my laptop is from sony, I have had sony xperia s, xperia z1, xperia z3 compact, and the last one is xperia z5.

Lets get to the main issue. First, I bought z5 about 4 months ago and three weeks ago, the wifi just kept dropping especially after I wake up (I had the wifi always on from settings). I tried xperia companion to fix the software but nothing happened. The worst thing I couldn't start the set-up process because the wifi cannot be turned on: a message keeps popping up saying "turning on". So I sent the device to Sony in Kent. What they said was absolutely ridiculous. They said the "display is damaged and, therefore, your warranty is void"! Imagine that! I replied what does the wifi and also bluetooth have to do with display?!?!?!!?!? They said if the display is damaged, then the warranty is "automatically" becomes void!!!!!! And they asked for 118 pounds in order to fix it! Unbelievable.

I asked them to return my device and according to their ridiculous rules, I need to pay 20. 54 pounds for the shipping and handling!

I will never buy any device from sony again. I know it won't affect sony, but I wanted to warn you guys of their rip-off procedures.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with your Z5.

Unfortunately this site doesnt deal with mobile or tablets, perhaps

if you posted on the dedicated Xperia forum, http://talk.sonymobile.com

someone may be able to help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with your Z5.

Unfortunately this site doesnt deal with mobile or tablets, perhaps

if you posted on the dedicated Xperia forum, http://talk.sonymobile.com

someone may be able to help.