Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to read the serial number on SD card

profile.country.tr_TR.title
Ozden2012
Visitor

Unable to read the serial number on SD card

I need to recover my data from Sony SD card. I tried to download Memory Card File Rescue  program from Sony web site, I had problem to enter the model number and serial number of my card, because it was very difficult to see the alphanumeric characters on the back of the card, all the model numbers I tried was rejected, and the last registers of its serial number was already unreadable. The card was given by Sony distributor as a gift with the camera I purchased.

I have fortunately other Sony memory card and memory stick, I typed the information of my memory stick and was able to download the program.

I check my other memory cards (Kingston, Toshiba) and all the serill and model numbers are very easily read (printed in big dimension and separately each character) on and behind the card, but my Sony card was not.

I hope Sony will be more careful to print all letters and numbers clearly on the cards to help customers.

I wonder how we can read the serial number and model number on the card if we don't have any other Sony card to use the file rescue file...

Also I can not register the same card because of this problem...

3 REPLIES 3
JYZhou
New

My Sony 32GB memory card for SLT A58 is bad; it only displays first several pictures and cannot display the later photos. In another word, it is corrupted. Lately I travelled to AZ and UT and took 560 photos; but only first 50 are usable, the rest are corrupted showing a mountain sign on the file. I was extremely disappointed and frustrated.

I would like to try the resure file, but I cannot find model name and serial number. Please let me know where I can find model name and serial number.

Please see the attached photo.

Sony cust Joe Z.image1.JPG

JYZhou
New

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Only the model (is written on the SD Card):

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SF32UY&LOC=3#/tutorialsTab

Manolo