Join now - be part of our community!

Sony UK Website - What Has Sony Done ?

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Sony UK Website - What Has Sony Done ?

Hi everyone. I'm a huge Sony fan and own several Sony products. I also use various online forums and everybody is saying the same thing with regards to the new Sony UK Website, which is that it's a complete mess. Very difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for.

An example is when you click on the sony.co.uk website and click on televisions, you would expect to see all of Sony's current models listed on the page, or something similar.

Instead, you get a huge page dedicated to Sony's 2013 4k model. Only when you have spent ages messing around on the website, does one realise that to get all the current models, you have to click the tab below televisons. Really really poor tbh.

I would be very grateful if my feedback with regards to this could be passed on as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have reported/escalated this thread to Sony.  It seems a recent change has occured, and as a personal note, I agree with you in respect that its difficult to navigate to the other ranges of Sony TV's.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for your quick reply with regards to this. I think the whole website needs to be looked at to be honest, so that it's easy to use and navigate whether you are tech savvy or not. Thanks :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I much prefered the old layout. :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JapanMan2 - I just noticed, You've changed your Avatar !!

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Indeed I have, a bit more updated. :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@JapanMan2 wrote:

Yes so did I this new forum layout seems so much more difficult to navigate and use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nobody-in-particular wrote:

@JapanMan2 wrote:

Yes so did I this new forum layout seems so much more difficult to navigate and use.

A couple of questions for both of you (and others if they are reading)

1. Since the change-over to the new forum design, have you noticed or think things are slowly getting better as each day goes on?

2. What would you like to see Added / Changed / Removed or Improved?

PS : My beef at the moment is the quoting posts !

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I meant the main website, but am gradually getting used to it.

The interface for the forum is a lot more clean looking, but it does feel very sluggish at times, like there's a lot to load... And I'm on fibre optic broadband! :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Oh, and sorry for double postingm I forgot to add that navigation can be a tad annoying, just seems very long winded, especially the deeper you go into the sections! :wink: